Friday 4 September 2009

I Should never have Bought.....



The Thrust Master Rgt Pro, I bought it because it was it was the best PC racing wheel at the time with all the Pedals (including clutch) and their was an offer on at the time, this drew me in because it was these things. Id never seen it out of the box before or tried it so maybe I shouldn’t have bought it but the reviews were good and from the pictures it looked fantastic.

It arrived and i quickly opened the box itching to race online with it, But when i got it out it didn’t look greatly made and a tad tacky. But never the less i had it so i played wit it and at first it took some getting used to after only using two pedals. It felt good having the clutch but the way it felt wasn’t very realistic for instance the clutch pedal was VERY light and didn’t feel real, the Gear shifter felt tacky and poorly made but also it was in an uncomfortable position in the way that every time I wanted to change gear i would hit my hand on the steering wheel or vice versa. One thing I didn’t like was the fact the wheel was thin and didn’t feel like a racing wheel! I enjoyed using it but with these faults it wasn’t good enough.

Two months later the Logitech G25 came out and was totally different in every way it’s so more realistic in the way it feels and works. I eventually got one for Christmas and the difference was phenomenal. Once trying the G25 the thrustmaster felt rubbish and like I was driving a toycar.The feedback you get is so realistic you feel the car hop over a bump under hard Braking, you feel the car wheels lose traction as the steering goes light and the car understeers.

No comments:

Post a Comment